[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Grounds for 4 square

Jay Terleski jayt at arraysolutions.com
Tue Dec 13 17:28:57 EST 2016

Hi guys, the AIM 4170 or the new AIM 4300 should do a very accurate job of
measurement of the verticals.  What I would recommend is that you remove
the preamplifier from the feedpoint and make a short coax cable with two
alligator clip leads for a pigtail of maybe 3 inches each.  Then do a
custom calibration on this test cable using the SOL method.  You can use
your load set or just short the clips, open the clips but keep them close
together, and any handy resistor.   Calibrate from 1 to 7 MHz maybe with
200 test point steps.  Save this calibration file so you can use it again
in the dry summer to see how things changed.

Your measurements should be super accurate now, since cable characteristics
will be completely normalized out.  Please send me your .SCN file so I can
look it over here using our free software.    info at arraysolutions.com is
the email address.

I can make measurements on my HI-Z 22 ft verticals as well for comparisons.

Regards
Jay, WX0B

Jay Terleski
Array Solutions