[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Grounds for 4 square

Paul Ferguson Paul at PaulFerguson.us
Mon Dec 12 22:12:24 EST 2016

John,

I also have an AIM 4170C and am interesting in looking at my HI-Z verticals
ground resistances. Did you do the measurement by taking the analyzer to
each vertical and connecting it to the ground rod wire and vertical wire
with the vertical amplifier removed?

I also noted Frank, W3LPL, uses a TDR to check his verticals from his
shack. I assume you cannot get useful information about the HI-Z verticals
from the shack because of the vertical amplifiers, phasing controller, and
preamp being part of the system near the arrays. Is this correct?

73,
Paul
K5ESW