[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] verticals supports

contact at hizantennas.com contact at hizantennas.com
Sun Dec 21 00:20:46 EST 2014

Phil
I am referring to how much of your wire is parallel and close to your
mounting post. This forms a parallel plate capacitor with the vertical
elements post. The more overlap the greater the capacitance. The mounting
post will be ground and the element going up will be close and a capacitance
between the two.
 It sounds like you are using separate ground rods and mounting post. The
mounting post will still be grounded to RF the same as the ground rod. So
this must not be too close to the element itself.
  Here is some pictures I think Dave was trying to send.
"http://www.hizantennas.com/element_construction.htm"

  Lee