[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] new system online

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Wed Aug 22 23:22:20 EDT 2012

Thank You Charlie, from the team at Hi-Z Antennas. There is myself, K7TJR, my associate Dick KO7N, and Travis my technician. We do it all. And I must say it is fun because of people like you. I have known for several years that this Hi-Z stuff might just be part of the future of Ham Radio. In all the years of testing antennas and modelling them the Hi-Z stuff is the only antennas I have ever been able to design model and measure and then plug the measurements back into the model and have the results match within a dB or so. In the past with Beverages and loops etc, the comments were always that; wow you are seeing 20 dB front to back, it is working. I was never satisfied until the measurements matched my own models almost perfectly. This of course meant that at some times you might just see as much as 40 dB front to back ratio and typically 30dB. Not everytime of course. Signals vary a LOT!
   I love to share the story of my first Hi-Z 8 element array. After building 5 complete versions of 8 element arrays that harbored various real and serious problems I decided that I would build one last version of my unique design with everything upgraded to the very best of my ability. Like you, the first night I fired up the array it began to work. After listening for a few minutes, which was likely a couple hours, I pushed myself back in the operating position chair and said out loud to myself. Oh my God, what have I done. After about 8 to 10 years it had finally come together and I knew without any doubt the array was perfectly predictable and mimicing the model. I had several Snoopy dance moments.
   So again we thank you for the wonderful review as we try to give this kind of value to every customer.
   Could I have permission to post this to our Hi-Z  reflector page?
 Thanks again.
Lee  K7TJR and all the guys at Hi-Z