[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Weatherprrofing amps

Dan Kovatch w8car at buckeye-express.com
Mon Mar 14 12:53:20 EDT 2011

Dave, I use plastic coffee cans. I'm basically lazy and just invert the cans
over the preamp and tape them to the post holding the vertical. The plastic
is easy to cut to allow cable ingress and egress.  I leave the bottom of the
can open. I have found over the years in Ohio that humidity does the most
damage and sealing anything results in corrosion. So now I leave everything
open and covered from the rain or snow. The coffee can preamps were buried
in snow and have been rained on heavily with no ill effects so far. I need
to do a Spring inspection soon.

I do use decafe cans so the preamps don't get too 'excited' whilst catching
DX on 160 and 80!

73 Dan W8CAR