[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Height Difference

Jo, YC0LOW® yc0low at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 21:56:20 EST 2011

My team wass lucky to be able to install the 4sq rx array for the first time in YC land last week.

We found its performance to be good as expected, mostly in its directivities and F/B ratio.

In search of perfection, yesterday we moved away the footprint about 90ft more from the self- supporting metal tower. Unfortunately, one of the element had to be installed in higher place (about 2mtrs) than other three which in flat surface.

I felt that I didn't obtain the two factors mentioned above. The rx signal level are about the same in all directions.

Could it be caused by the difference height where I located one only element?

Before I put them back to original footprint (nearer to the tower), I'd like to have answer from you.

Tnx es 73 de Jo, YCØLOW®

Sent from my BlackBerry®