[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Congratulations

L Emery k1uo at uninet.net
Fri Sep 17 16:43:41 EDT 2010

Congratulations Lee and HI-Z Antennas for getting the Reflector live!   I am looking forward to some interesting discussions or even descriptions of how the K7TJR array users are configuring their systems!
My RX4SQ system, for example, is located 750ft away from the shack and about 550ft away from the 160/80 series fed xmit tower.  This distance posed a problem at first due to insufficient voltage getting to the terminals of the controller at the array center.  This was resolved by using HD rotor cable to carry the control lines and power and the use of a small 4amp Astron PS dedicated to the system and jacking up the voltage a bit at the shack end to ensure 13+ volts at the controller. I used the 80ft spacing recommended for dual band usage but phasing cables for best RDF but I think I would like to try the phasing for best F/B ...I believe now it would be more useful at this qth.   Lee are you listening!!??

73
Larry  K1UO