[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] BC IMD

contact at hizantennas.com contact at hizantennas.com
Wed Nov 11 16:08:54 EST 2020

Awesome Paul,
   I was just setting here thinking I should email Paul and see how things
were going. I really think that with the 8 circle with the improved accuracy
of the V2Plus Hi-Z amps the 8 circle should work even better than it did
before. It apparently does from your report. I suspect all my arrays will
benefit in time. Glad to hear the IMD has not reappeared.
   I may use some of your words Paul in my testimonials if you don't mind.
You made my day Paul!!!

Lee   K7TJR
Hi-Z Antennas

Yes.  The 160m 8-circle worked great last night.  For about three minutes,
VU2GSM was an honest S7 on the K3 S meter.  S5 about 10 minutes before and
after the peak.  Copy was from the NE as expected.  No copy at all in the N
and E directions.

F/B from W1AW last night was better than 40 dB.  S9 NE and nothing heard in
the SW position.  All switch positions are definitely working.

This afternoon, N4CC and I just finished re-deploying radials for the "T"
top transmit antenna.  Sure wished it was ready yesterday!  100 ft vertical
section and a flat T top that is between 80-100 ft.  We could not remember
the length as we discussed it today.  I do want to validate 100 ft to ensure
there's little or no interaction with the 40m Yagi.

IMD update:  clean for the last 48 hours.  I did adjust the power supply
current threshold on an HP lab supply and validated system voltages.
Nothing conclusive though.  We'll see how it goes.

Paul, W9AC