[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] BC IMD

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Wed Nov 11 15:24:56 EST 2020

Yes.  The 160m 8-circle worked great last night.  For about three minutes, VU2GSM was an honest S7 on the K3 S meter.  S5 about 10 minutes before and after the peak.  Copy was from the NE as expected.  No copy at all in the N and E directions.

F/B from W1AW last night was better than 40 dB.  S9 NE and nothing heard in the SW position.  All switch positions are definitely working.

This afternoon, N4CC and I just finished re-deploying radials for the "T" top transmit antenna.  Sure wished it was ready yesterday!  100 ft vertical section and a flat T top that is between 80-100 ft.  We could not remember the length as we discussed it today.  I do want to validate 100 ft to ensure there's little or no interaction with the 40m Yagi.

IMD update:  clean for the last 48 hours.  I did adjust the power supply current threshold on an HP lab supply and validated system voltages.  Nothing conclusive though.  We'll see how it goes.

Paul, W9AC