[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] 160 Intermod

contact at hizantennas.com contact at hizantennas.com
Sun Nov 23 17:35:02 EST 2014

Brian, it sounds like something on your element or element connection is very close to ground and the rain is across a small gap. What  is your element construction? Can you send a picture to contact at hizantennas.com .  There is 5VDC on the Hi-Z amps sourced through 43Kohms. It takes very little foliage or debris to short this out. Any limbs or grass can cause this when wet.
  Look it over and let me know what you find.  Incidentally we had a spider die across these connections once causing the same issue.
Lee   K7TJR