[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] 160 Intermod

Tim Duffy k3lr at k3lr.com
Sun Nov 23 17:33:09 EST 2014

Hello Brian:

You have something in your array or close to it that is not properly
connected (bonded) - so you have a semi conductor (aka diode). This diode
will rectify nearby strong AM broadcast stations and produce the problem you
experience with your HIZ array.

You must recheck everything for super tight - AND everything close to the
array - must be super tight.

I think you would find that a portable handheld AM scanner would pick up the
trash in the 160 meter band as well - it may lead you to the problem.

You have my phone number - do not hesitate to call me if I can help you sort
this out.

73,
Tim K3LR