[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Detuning antennas when using 4 sq

kd9sv kd9sv at comcast.net
Thu Sep 20 17:56:22 EDT 2012

Doug, go to max gain systems (or google vacuum relays) Allan Bond sells the
used RJ-1A or another similar unit with a 12v coil which is easier to
interface.  They are very reasonable and with 8ms op/rel times can be used
even with a qsk system.  BTW, Alpha uses RJ-1's in their amplifiers.
Probably on the ground radials would be less of a problem than raised
radials for re-radiation...also this could still be a problem with RX on 80
meters as your antenna would be 1/2 wave on 80...de gary