[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] BCI filters

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Mon Nov 9 12:46:29 EST 2020

    I now make 2 versions of the BCI filter. I have to closely match inductors and capacitors so each element is the same. The old style amp filters were mounted on the outside of the enclosures on the antenna input terminals. They have occasionally suffered from some problems due to the voltage on the terminals and moisture seeping into the components. Each element/amp needs a filter. The new amps have a new design using tiny parts and will fit inside the new enclosures. Maybe not something all users would be in the position to do. Actually I am quite surprised that Paul has seen IMD with the new amps and not the old as bench tests have shown better IMD specs on the new amps. Maybe something else at work here.
  I sell the filters direct and anyone needing filters should contact me directly at contact at hizantennas.com<mailto:contact at hizantennas.com> . So far they have removed or way diminished BCI spurs to an acceptable level. I do not have a lot of the filter parts in stock at the moment but will be able to support more soon. I will eventually post some pictures about this subject.

Lee   K7TJR
Hi-Z Antennas