[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Hi-Z 4-8 Pro

John Kaufmann john.kaufmann at verizon.net
Wed Dec 12 13:14:34 EST 2018

Hi Larry,

I had the exact same thing happen to my array just recently.  I disconnected
the antenna feedlines one at a time until removal of one feedline made the
noise go away.  It turns out a critter had chewed into that RG-6 feedline.
Because the feedlines carry DC to the preamps, a cable fault, like a partial
short of the braid to center conductor, will result in noisy current flow
across the breach.

73, John W1FV

Message: 1