[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Cut/nick on feed line

contact at hizantennas.com contact at hizantennas.com
Mon Sep 4 22:31:21 EDT 2017

Hello Ray,
   Well I think you better plan on replacing that cable run. I think the
damage was done electrically when the aluminum was exposed to the air for
whatever length of time. Aluminum oxidizes very quickly in open air. You may
not have trouble now but my opinion is you will later just when you need the
array.
   Remember Ray, that the cables connecting the elements were supposed to be
all from the same roll and the same length. If you don't still have some of
that same roll, my best advice would be to change all four cables which will
insure the best performance. Or you can electrically measure the length of
the cables to match them to a single new one if you have suitable equipment.

Lee K7TJR
Hi-Z Antennas