[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Cut/nick on feed line

Raymond Benny rayn6vr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:17:46 EDT 2017

Hello Lee & All,

I just noticed a cut in one of my Hi-z 4 sq feed lines. It is about 1 1/2
inch long, the outer shield is cut for about 1 in. The inner aluminum
shield was not cut. Think I must have done this awhile back using my rider
mover.

Anyway, I laid the shield back in place the best I could, but about 1/2 in
is missing. I then coated the cut with RTV, let it dry, then covered with 2
layers of Scotch 66 tape. After that, I coated the tape with plumbers
liquid tape.

All seems OK, the voltage is 4.93v on that vertical. The voltages range
from 4.93 to 4.98v, not enough to be concerned, I wouldn't think.

Any thoughts on this repair? Can't imagine that it would make any
difference... Let me know what you think.

73 & tnx,

Ray,
N6VR
Nr Prescott, AZ