[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions Digest, Vol 44, Issue 1

Lee STRAHAN k7tjr at msn.com
Sat Jan 7 15:00:38 EST 2017

Hello Doug,
     I can answer that question although it may not be the way Dave did it.
  On the 4-squares and the 4-8 Pro you can disconnect one end of each delay cable and leave them open. This allows you to receive on only one antenna per direction selected. As it turns out the antenna selected is the same as the direction control. All the antennas can be tested for reception or noise this way. Very handy for problems like this.
  On the 8A all active antenna you can disconnect one end of both delay lines and then you will receive on only 2 antennas per direction. The two antennas are the ones perpendicular to the direction control setting. In other words when the direction switch is pointed North you will be actually receiving on the East and West antennas.  This also very handy as you then only have to disconnect one at a time to decide between the 2.
 The 2-3 and the 3 element arrays are another matter which I have not spent time figuring out yet.
Lee  K7TJR

Dave,
    How did you isolate the faulty amplifier?
                 73 Doug EI2CN