[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Grounds for 4 square

pflorig at windstream.net pflorig at windstream.net
Fri Dec 16 16:34:32 EST 2016

Hi Lee and group,
Thanks for the good information here and is appreciated.
-Testing with the delays off is nice check. Also have the sig source here and really has helped also.
-Glad mentioned about AGC and didn't have it off. Finally had to go on setting and now can turn off in one of the positions. Will try the voltmtr and see what happens.
Also have a DB mtr and will try it also.  Tnx
-What I did for checking resistance if to measure with a 259B and find the resonant point and look at the terminal resistance.  In my case the antennas resonate around 55Mhz and res is around 50ohms. Nice thing about this is can check the 8 antennas and see if they are all close to the same reading. (I have one here that is 87 ohms?)
-Above measured right at the ant w/o the amp connected. Also tried running an additional short jumper from the ground to the angle iron holding the antenna system up and sure made a difference as to resonance and other things. This would be like adding two different grounds together. Not sure why such a big change except if the two grounds are so bad on the lower side of the vert dipole.
Think this was mentioned before from some as to different grounds. I am still checking on this except getting cold here. (for NC. Hi.)
73  Phil  W9iXX