[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Grounds for 4 square

pflorig at windstream.net pflorig at windstream.net
Wed Dec 14 11:57:59 EST 2016

Hi Lee and all,
Have done those tests here on the 4-8P and shows a lot as found one amp that was
down a little and was distorting the signal. The stronger the sig the more it distorts.
Changed to a new amp there and all seems fine now. Have not checked fully bad amp.
Questions:
-As you suggested to use WWV, I found Canada time at 3.330Mhz also. What will
the distance and time of day effect things. RE: ground or sky wave?
-My ant are set at 80ft per side and would 2.5Mhz be better? Realize it is just
comparison sig strength. Have noticed long fades on sigs so have to wait for max sig time
for true comparison.
-Assume discussion here is antenna resistance. Is it worth doing a "ground" resistance
of each ground rod. If so what would the best method be?
-When testing full system, I have been using Smeter with attenuater on max sig
at less than S9 for better reading. Is there a better way? Way for actual Db readings?

Sorry if this too basic and/or long, but have been thinking/testing on this.
Too much of an engineer here. Hi.
Thanks for the great discussions here, have learned a lot. Now remember what I learned. Hi.
73  Phil W9IXX