[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] verticals supports

Phil Duff na4m at suddenlink.net
Sat Dec 20 23:26:14 EST 2014

On Dec 21, 2014, at 3:49 AM, Dave Anderson <davek4sv at yahoo.com> wrote:

>   Make sure the Antenna insulator between the mounting method allows for good low capacitance high mounting strength for the Antenna.

What amount of "C" is considered "low capacitance" for the antennas mounts?  How much is too much?  How do we measure it?  With one of the commonly
available antenna analyzer's capacitance mode?  What frequency?

I'm curious because I recently changed my Hi-Z 3 el triangle array's elements and mounts.  Originally used fence T-posts with offset PVC mounts for steel electrical conduit elements and ground rod for each element. Replaced those with #14 ga aluminum fence wire elements inside telescoping fiberglass poles with grey PVC bushings clamped to angle-iron driven into the found and separate ground rod.

Have not noticed any obvious difference in the array's output to receiver or in performance.

de Phil NA4M

Phil Duff          na4m[at]suddenlink.net