[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] DIRECTIVITIY 8 CIRCLE

rich_k7zv at gphilltop.com rich_k7zv at gphilltop.com
Sun Dec 1 12:24:40 EST 2013

A few comments on my experience with the HI-Z 4-8 Pro. It works really
well on 160 and 80. I have a 3 element yagi for 80M on a 130 foot tower
located on a hilltop with major drop off all around. I was impressed that
the HI-Z RX was on par with the yagi! The 160 RX is excellent and has
prompted me to improve my TX  antenna which is happening right now.
Hopefully that will help me work what I am hearing and can't work.

What I find interesting is the RX on the higher bands using the 4-8 Pro.
My HF antennas are at 100 feet on a different tower than the 80 and also
has extreme drop off in all directions. There are many times the HI-Z has
improved my RX on those bands. My feelings on this the HI-Z is hearing the
higher incoming angle signals better then the yagi's low angle lobe. In
any case I find myself using it to my advantage even as high as 17M.

Thanks to HI-Z and their fine product!

Rich K7ZV