[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] Topband: PE coated RG6

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Dec 14 12:20:30 EST 2012

Craig Clark wrote:
> Anyone have any success installing compression F connectors on
> polyethylene
> coated RG6?
>

> I am having no luck with either double or quad shield compression or older
> crimp F connectors.

> Craig Clark K1QX

An old trick that works with hoses on barb connectors is to
heat up the hose by dunking it in a jar of hot (near boiling)
water.  Works every time.  I'm thinking that one quick dunk
in water won't hurt the RG6 if you dry it out afterwards with
a heat gun.  You could also try heating the coax with the heat
gun instead of using hot water.

If you try this, let us know how it works.  BTW, where do you
buy PE jacketed RG6; I'm looking for some for my satellite TV
feed.

Rick N6RK