[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] H40KJ and 4sq

Εμμανουήλ Κερατζάκης sv1aoz at yahoo.gr
Fri Oct 21 17:00:27 EDT 2011

Hi Lee
Maybe due to the local restrictions that Jacek (H40KJ) had,he did not placed the 4sq system,
but the 4sq was the only way so I can hear him.
I am one of the three Greek stations that worked,but the other two have long beverages
and live in rural areas.
To overcome the problem with BCI (665khz-150KW,981khz-250KW)15 km away from me
I constructed traps tuned to frequencies of the BC stations and I put these at the inputs of
the HI-Z amplifiers.
The system now has a tremendus perfomance without any interfering signal.
I agree with others that they have recently notice a large increase in F/B and F/S possibly
due to the continuous rainfall in my area.
The whole system is remotely operated,located about 1 km away from my home, and I control
remotely the array from my shack over the internet.
Near my 4 sq there are not transmitting antennas but of course is in a residential area.
I hope to send you some photos soon.
73
Manolis  SV1AOZ