[Hi-zreceivingarraydiscussions] congratulations.

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Wed Dec 1 17:23:39 EST 2010

     Congratulations to Larry K1UO. Larry was one of our very early
 adopters of the Hi-Z products. He bought one of the first few
 4-square arrays. We are very proud to report that he has been
 consistently setting records in the 80 meter contests with some
 help from his Hi-Z 4-square. Here is his latest report.
 Thanks Larry!

HI Lee,

  Looks like the RX capability of the K7TJR 4 square on 80M allowed me to set a new
 USA record in CQWW-CW single Band 80M unassisted catagory.  I could sure pull
  out some really weak sigs...  Was running so much on one frequency that I
 neglected to take time to search for mults..but still managed 110 Countries and
 32 Zones over the weekend.

73
Larry   K1UO

So far it looks like it may also be a world record but need more reports. He also
 reported in a phone call that he was working the QRP stations in EU. WOW! Lee

   We are now receiving reports from the 8 element arrays that are
 coming on line.

Hi Guys,

I did a SOSB 160 using the 8-200 controlled with Green Heron
 wireless boxes.  Conditions were so-so Friday night, not good
 Saturday night and I missed the European sunrise the second
 night but I still beat my personal best of 54 countries worked in
 a 160 contest.  The 54 countries were worked during the CQ160
 contest, much more participation.  During the CQWW I worked
 61 countries and 22 zones.  I'm ready for the ARRL 160 and
 plan to do a multi-single.  I'll let you know how we do.

The K3, HiZ 8-200, Green Heron wireless combination is a winner.
  I'm trying to get K5KC to buy the 8-200 for his station, do I get a
 commission?

Question, how do the HiZ amps hold up with regard to lightning?
  Should I be doing anything to protect the amps?

Ed/W5TM

And,

Hello Dick. . .

The 8 el narrow 160m array performed really well during the
 contest this past weekend.  In addition to the 8 el array we had
 wide-spaced Beverages (910' long, 320' spacing) on Europe and
 Japan.  We had the 8 el array on the Aux input feeding the
 second receiver in the K3.  We had the Beverages coming in on
 the RX input which feeds the main receiver.  While we could not
exactly do an instantaneous A/B comparison but we spent many
 hours listening to the two systems in diversity during the
 contest.  The 8 el array definitely hears better than the four
 square TX array.  The 8 el array performance seems to be very
 close to the phased Bevs with the Bevs having perhaps just a
slight edge. . . they're so close in performance it's hard to tell.
 The two systems hear very differently (which would be expected).
Putting them in diversity gave a truly amazing performance. . .
a true luxury which very few people have!  We did not have
 Beverages any directions other than EU and JA, so the 8 el array
 did a great job filling in the gaps.
We used your four square array in diversity with the Bevs on 80m.
  While the Bevs did hear better than the four square array there
 was still benefit to having both running together in diversity.
 Overall, our lowband RX capabilities were awesome.  We never
 felt we were RX limited.

We are definitely satisfied and very glad we made the investment
 and are anxious to get the second 8 el array up and going
 (everything is ready and in place).  We did well in the contest but
 had a brown out (84 volts) and, finally, a total black out for about
 two hours on Friday night about 0100z.
Not being on during those high rate hours definitely hurt us but,
 overall, we did well.

Hope you, Lee, and your families had a nice Thanksgiving.

73 for now. . .Dave
W0FLS

    Thank you Everyone for everything.  Keep your eyes out for
announcements as we have something coming for a new
 product that we think will be very special. It wont be long.

Lee    K7TJR        Dick   KO7N
Hi-Z Antennas